Saturday, September 20, 2014

Let Us Not Grow Weary

by Jessica Finney

Have you ever done something you knew was what God wanted you to do, but you just got tired of doing it?

It is so easy to fall in the trap of the devil and feel we aren't getting the "pat on the back" we think we deserve. We can also feel we aren't getting the help we want, or we have just done it so long we feel we aren't doing any good.

It says in Galatians 6:9 "And let us not grow weary, while doing good for in due season we shall reap if we do not loose heart."

The Lord talks a lot about reaping and harvesting.  I believe this means if we keep our eyes on God and continue to do as God wants us to we will bring others to Him because we will be reaping what we sow.

Matthew 9:37, "He said to His disciples "The harvest truly is plentiful but the laborers are few."

People are waiting for us to show them Christ, but too often we let ourselves get in the way.

This next week let's try to encourage each other to not grow weary doing good but to continue to show the love of God to the world.

Lord, help me be who You want me to be.  Let me lead others to You by showing You through me. Help me to remember that I don't need man's applause but need to bring them to You.  Thank You for Your strength that You give us each and every day.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: