Friday, July 24, 2009

Heart Cry

by Marsha Loftis

This Week's Verse: Psalm 5:1-3, "Listen, God! Please, pay attention! Can you make sense of these ramblings, my groans and cries? King-God, I need your help." (MSG)

Devotion:
I saw the words "heart cry" as I tried to catch up on my daily readings from Tim. He was describing David crying out to God.

I was immediately taken back to a time where I didn't know what to pray, how to pray, or what to hope for or dream of. A time where I was completely at His mercy, where I should be more often, but this particular time I was really lost. I could not form words or thoughts. I could only fall on my face and weep. Jesus knew what I was doing. I was praying. I was communicating with Him in a cry directly from my heart.

At times when you are so lost, so weary, so confused, so .... whatever! Know with every thing in you that Jesus understands. He cares about the smallest detail of our lives. He cares enough to number the hairs on our head. He collects our tears in a bottle (Psalm 56:8). He is there for the little things, the big things, and every THING in between! His love is unimaginable. He knows all. He knows when we cry, when we sigh, and when we are too weary to try.

Thankfully, Jesus cares enough to be my intercessor and go to God on my behalf and interpret my 'heart cry'.

Lord, search my heart. Know that I long to be at Your mercy in all my 'things'. Thank you for sending your Son so that we may have a personal relationship with You, allowing your Holy Spirit to dwell in us. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Application:
Have you ever been unable to 'talk' to God? Every moan, groan, or sigh can be a prayer. Whether that prayer is out loud, silent or in the form of a heart cry. Each time you communicate with God you are releasing His power here on earth. Wait, watch, and be exalted!

Power Verses:
Lamentations 2:18 "Give out heart-cries to the Master, dear repentant Zion. Let the tears roll like a river, day and night, and keep at it—no time-outs. Keep those tears flowing!"(MSG)
Romans 8:26 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."(NIV)
1 Peter 5:6 "Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."(NKJV)
Matthew 11:28 "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace."(MSG)

No comments: