Friday, September 17, 2010

Lover of My Soul

By Debby Craig

This Week’s Verse: Song of Solomon 5:10 “My lover is dark and dazzling, better than ten thousand others!” (NIV)

Devotion:

*He stops whatever he’s doing & listens to every word when I say, “let’s talk”.

*He loves me even when I am being a brat.

*He is always there for me any time, any place.

*When I feel unwanted, he gently reminds me of how much I am worth to him.

*He is my provider for every one of my financial needs.

*He makes sense when I don’t.

*When I look at myself in the mirror and see “old, wrinkled, chubby and gray” he still calls me the "most beautiful one".

*He really, really loves me just like I am.

*I am so lucky he chose me.

I am talking about my husband.

A few months ago as we heard the sermon series on marriage & dating, I jotted down a few notes and couldn’t help but notice the similarities between the way I feel about my husband & the way I feel about God.

When I was lost and didn’t know the Lord, I thought I had to do it all. I thought I had to fix everything and depend on my own smallness to solve all the problems and mistakes that I had accumulated in this life. Once I found Him it is all changed. He is my soul mate.

The Lord has sent me someone to help provide for my needs. He has sent a man who isn’t scared to take care of me. And, I am not scared to accept his willingness to do so. This is God’s natural way for me to depend on my husband for the earthly things in our relationship. These include (but are not limited to) comfort, financial stability, self worth, loving kindness, gentleness, and peace.

I love feeling this way about my husband and I love knowing that I can also curl up into our Lord’s arms any time I want. Because of this, I feel blessed.

Dear Lord, thank you for being my provider, my caregiver, my healer, my comforter, my friend, and my Father. Thank you for sending me a wonderful husband who also loves to care for me and loves me just the way I am. You know my heart inside and out. Thank you for giving me just as I need. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Application: How long has it been since you have written a love letter? Try writing one this week to either your Father in Heaven, or your earthly love.

Power Verses:

Luke 19:10 “For the Son of Man came to seek and save what was lost.” (NIV)

1 Corinthians 7:4 “The wife’s body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband’s body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife.” (NIV)

Ephesians 5:25 “For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her.” (NLT)

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Great job Debbie... thanks for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

You are lucky to have such a wonderful husband!

Mollie said...

Yes, you are blessed. I am so glad God brought both of you together. And I am glad you can receive what God has provided. But also thank you for sharing what each of us has available in our relationship with our heavenly bridegroom. It is something when we can receive from Him what He has provided and WANTS us to receive. Sometimes that's the bigger half of that story. Thanks for sharing, Deb.