Saturday, July 21, 2012

Something Different

by Charity Pence

Due to my schedule, I've had a difficult time keeping up with this blog. That being said, I'd like to "change it up" a bit. Rather than keeping to the traditional format, I will be varying the posts. Though I will occasionally share a regular devotion, on any given week a post may focus on one of the following:

one verse
a group of verses
a person from the Bible
a group of people from the Bible
an issue currently affecting the church
a prayer...
or anything else I or anyone else feels led to share.

The Olive Branch has been God's tool since this blog was created, and I do not want to interfere with that. This blog has been a spiritual building block for me and everyone else who has taken part in it. So let's continue the work. If you have anything to share, please let me know by commenting or sending an email to fccgals@hotmail.com. I will also welcome any feedback.

I'd like to end this post with this prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father, please use me and this blog as Your outlet so that Your light shines to the world. Let it be You that people see, and let it be You that people turn to. Please help me to be open to your leading, Lord. Thank You for trusting me in this endeavor. Sometimes it seems like such a small attempt to reach others for You, but if one person comes to know You, Lord, then it's more than enough. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: