by Charity Pence
This Week's Verse: "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10 (NKJV)
Insecurity is something I have struggled with most my life. Part of me has always felt that I don't quite measure up. I'm not pretty enough, not developed enough. At times I've believed myself to be fat though I've never been considered over weight. I get nervous and tend to trip over my words when speaking and fear I sound like a bumbling idiot. When I walk through a room of strangers, I cannot shake the feeling that I am being judged. And one of my biggest fears is being viewed as stupid.
I was made fun of a lot when younger and was judged harshly for circumstances beyond my control, but I do not believe my negative experiences should determine who I am. And you know what? I do not believe my Heavenly Father would think so either.
If you struggle as I do with insecurities, allow me to share with you some mighty truths.
1. You were fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)
2. You are precious and chosen by God. (1 Peter 2:4)
3. God did not give you a spirit of fear. (Romans 8:15)
4. God will enable you. (1 Peter 4:11)
5. You are made complete through Christ. (Colossians 2:10)
6. You were created beautiful by God. (Ecclesiastes 3:11)
7. God cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
8. Nothing can separate you from God's love. (Romans 8:38-39)
9. God rejoices over you. (Zephaniah 3:17)
10. God has a plan for you. (Jeremiah 29:11)
11. You are instilled with the power of Christ. (Acts 1:8)
12. God will not forsake you. (2 Corinthians 4:9)
We are assured of so much more than what is listed above. But I hope you will use this list to remind yourself of who you are. Please do not let the world tell you any different.
Dear Heavenly Father, I have spent too much time worrying about what the world thinks of me. Please forgive me for caring more for the opinion of others than I do about yours. Your word assures me of who I am. Help me to focus on that and focus on You, Your love, and Your grace. For Your grace is sufficient, Lord. Touch the hearts of those who need this list. Show them who they truly are. I love You, Lord. In Jesus' name, Amen.