Sunday, January 11, 2015

Lord, Lord

By: Jessica Finney

Matthew 7:21-23 Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day,'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

I think when we get to heaven, we may be surprised of the people that won't be there. The more I hear of people talking about lost souls, it makes me think of this verse.  There are so many people out there that think that works will get them to heaven.  Does God want us to work for Him? Yes of course!  We just can't miss the big picture.  He has made it so easy for us to come to Him but yet so many will miss the mark.

Let us take time to reflect on our first commitment to Christ.  Do you remember the time that you asked Jesus into your heart, told Him that you believed that He died on the cross for your sins and rose again and asked forgiveness for your sin (for we have all sinned and came short to the glory of God)?  If not, maybe this message is for you, or maybe you know someone that has told you that they think they are good enough to go to heaven. It is time to beat the devil at his own game. The devil does anything and everything to try to convince us to not come to Christ.  Let us make sure this year, that the devil doesn't win.

I believe time is getting short.  How evil our world has become, it would not surprise me if He would come to get us soon.  Though we need, we must start telling others about God.  There are so many out there that is going to hell and I don't want to be part of the reason.  I don't want them to be able to say, you never told me or your actions made me not want to become a christian.

Dear Heavenly Father, please let me shine your light.  Please allow someone that doesn't know you read this.  Let them see your love and soften their heart to come to know you.  I feel that the rapture can't be too much farther but Lord I pray that you bring a lot more people to you.  Thank you for your loving kindness and your salvation. In Jesus precious name, Amen

No comments: