Friday, November 14, 2008

Trust in the Lord, Not Your Own Understanding

by Darra Strohm

This Week’s Verse: Isaiah 58:11, "The Lord will always lead you. He will satisfy your needs in dry lands and give strength to your bones. You will be like a garden that has much water, like a spring that never runs dry."(NCV)

Devotion:
About a year ago, I committed to faithfully attend “Moms in Touch” prayer group at our church on Wednesday nights. I was in dire circumstances and I needed serious prayer warriors to unite with me in prayer for me and my family. God led me to our group to revive my thirsty soul and give me strength in my bones. I praise Him that He has restored the garden in me and provides the spring that never runs dry.

Communication (prayer) is linked to our Faith. Another word for faith is assurance. Praise God that we are assured that He will lead us and satisfy us if we trust in Him. In my own understanding, my world doesn’t make much sense. But in His world, I have nothing to fear because He has the answers to all my circumstances. This is the reason that I pray (believe) that His will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. I believe that by my faith in communication with Him that I unleash His power.

Power is an asset of communication with our Father. When Jesus left the earth, He gave us (His family) the power (authority) to rule His earthly kingdom. By Faith, we are commanded to take authority over the earth. It’s our obligation to bring down Heaven on our world by our prayers.

This week’s devotion is an invitation to connect with a group of praying Mommas who faithfully communicate with our Father for families, friends, church, community, schools, government, the universe, and the unloved.

Father, you are Lord. I trust you with all my heart. Thank you for satisfying all my needs and providing me with strength to my bones. I am like a garden that has much water, like a spring that never runs dry. I believe that my circumstances are in your hands and my family is made perfect in your will. In Jesus’ Precious Name, Amen.

Application:
Trust God’s sovereignty. Believe in His Will on earth as it is in heaven. Pray for His Power. Live each day with Purpose. Praise Him and thank Him for each day’s circumstances.

Power Verses:

Psalm 32:8, "The Lord says 'I will make you wise and show you where to go. I will guide you and watch over you.'" Psalm 32:8 (NCV)
Psalm 48:14, "This God is our God forever and ever. He will guide us from now on."(NCV)
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Always be joyful. Pray continually, and give thanks whatever happens. That is what God wants for you in Jesus Christ."(NCV)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darra - What a wonderful testimony about the power of prayer. Your words & paragraphs in which you speak are always filled with God's words. It is a joy to know & pray with someone who is so filled up with Him and His words. Your faith shows and is contagious.