Friday, July 8, 2011

Roller Coaster Ride

By Bethany Lashbrook

Today’s Verse: Psalm 18:30, “God’s way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.” (NLT)

Devotion:
Recently my family went to a theme park where we road roller coasters and went to a water park all day long! On one roller coaster, I was riding with our youngest daughter, who is just six. From the time the roller coaster started to move until the time it finished, I believe I screamed.

As soon as we came to a halt, I said, “I screamed the whole time!” Then, Gabi, sitting next to me said, “I didn’t scream at all!”

I think in life, it doesn’t matter if you are a screamer or a non-screamer; what matters is if you get on the roller coaster or not!

Life isn’t all about peaceful walks without interruption, one-way streets without traffic, and life lessons learned without pain.

Life is more like a roller coaster ride with ups and downs, turns we aren’t expecting, terrifying moments that make our heads spin, yet thrills we just can’t humanly explain.

I’ll take the roller coaster ride any day – because I know every day is a day God is by my side helping me through the ups and downs and ins and outs!

Dear Lord, thank you for the simple pleasures in life like roller coasters. Help me to hold on tight to you when life becomes a swirly, twirly, exhilarating walk. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Application: This week, think of how God is displayed in all areas of our lives, and then tell others about it!

Power Verses:
Genesis 2:7, "Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person." (NLT)

Exodus 3:12, God answered, “I will be with you. And this is your sign that I am the one who has sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God at this very mountain.” (NLT)

No comments: