Friday, November 25, 2011

No Worries for Tomorrow

This week’s verse: Matthew 6:34, “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. (NLT)

Devotion: It always seems like life comes down to 2 choices in every situation: To serve others, or to be served. To worry or not worry. To love or hate. To forgive or to be bitter. To believe or not to believe. It seems simple really, yet not everything seems to be black and white.

What about the gray area? This little area is where my mind tells me to not worry, but my heartache tells me to. Or my heart says to love someone when my mind says “but, I don’t like them”.

Currently, I am in this “gray” situation. A year ago I set out to take over the Olive Branch and did so with much enthusiasm. For one year, I have officially been a “blogger”; and this is something I never thought I would say. It has been fun and very emotional as I have laid my burdens for all to see. I have given over my weaknesses, my strengths, and my faults, exposing parts of my life I never thought I would.

BUT – now is my time to say goodbye. And because of this, the Olive Branch will once again experience change in management! Charity Pence will be posting but not near as often or on a schedule – but the Olive Branch will stay alive!

I hope that I can continue to post blogs whenever time allows, but for now, I will officially sign off as blog manager and welcome Charity to her new ministry at FCC!

Please continue to pray for the Olive Branch as it reaches women at FCC and beyond. Pray for Godly words to be spoken and for all who reads the blog to be exposed to Jesus and the power of his works here on Earth.

God Bless,
Bethany Lashbrook

Dear Lord, please help this ministry to continue to reach others through truth, love, and Jesus’ teachings. Thank you Father for allowing our country to speak freely of how we feel about you. Thank you Father that we live in a town that still accepts religion and belief of you the “norm”. Thank you Father for your Son and his sacrifice. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments: