Sunday, September 28, 2014

Love one another

by Jessica Finney

Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

It says multiple times in scripture that we should love one another as Christ loves us.  When we truly love someone, we do not want any harm to come to them.  Not to say that we don't hurt other unintentionally sometimes, but it should not be our motive.

I believe that anyone can say the right words to tell someone they love them, but if we don't show them with our actions, then what are we trying to prove? It is like the husbands/boyfriends that supposedly love their wives/girlfriends but they beat them.  How can you love someone and physically harm them? That isn't how God is.  He brings good out of our bad.  Not to say that He won't allow things to happen for consequences to our actions, but He loves us enough to forgive us and to not beat us up for our actions.

This week let's try to show God's love through us by trying to encourage someone with word and action.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the love that you show for me.  I pray that you help me love others as you do, that I might bring more people to You.  Show me the ones that need an encouraging word or an action. Show me what you want me to do so I can show others Your love.  I love you Lord, In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: