Sunday, November 16, 2014

Positive Attitudes

by Jessica Finney

I don't know how many of you know Jason and Jollee Reichart.  They are always up beat and anytime you are around them, you can't help see their excitement about their ministry. They are starting a college ministry and they are already starting Bible studies at Lakeland College   It makes you excited for them and helps you to stay upbeat about what God has in store for you.

Now on the other hand, there are those people that are always negative.  They are always dragging you down and you avoid them as much as possible.  There are probably times (like me) that we are the ones that people avoid.  Is that the way we want to be? No, but the cares of this world can get in our way and it is easy to become negative.  

Philipians 1:3-6  I thank my God upon every remembrance of you always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy for you fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

We should shine God's light all around us and let everyone see the good work that God is working in us.  Let us as we go through this week be the ones that people are drawn to and not the ones that are avoided.  For if we are avoided then how are others to come to know the Lord?

Thank you, Lord for giving me people in my life that are upbeat and so excited about their ministry. Please help me be the one that people gravitate to and not avoid.  Help me to remember people are sometimes watching me to see how I react to this world and help me to show them You in my actions.  In Jesus, name, Amen.



No comments: